USS Sausalito (PF-4), a Tacoma-class frigate, was the only ship of the United States Navy to be named for Sausalito, California.
Sausalito (PF-4) was laid down on 7 April 1943 as PG-112 under a Maritime Commission contract by the Kaiser Cargo, Inc., shipyard in Richmond, California; reclassified PF-4 on 15 April 1943; launched on 20 July 1943, sponsored by Mrs. Richard Shaler; and commissioned on 4 March 1944, with Commander Edward A. Eve, USCG, in command.
World War II, 1944–1945
After shakedown, Sausalito arrived at Adak, Alaska, on 5 October 1944 for convoy escort duty in the Alaskan Sea Frontier. She performed these duties until departing on 5 June 1945 for overhaul at Seattle, Washington.
Soviet Navy, 1945–1949
On 16 August 1945, she was decommissioned at Cold Harbor, Alaska, and transferred to the Soviet Union under Lend Lease as EK-13. The ship was returned to United States custody by the Soviet Union on 1 November 1949, and was placed in reserve in Japan.
Korean War, 1950–1952
With the outbreak of the Korean War, additional escort vessels were needed; and on 15 September 1950, Sausalito was recommissioned at Yokosuka, Japan, with Lieutenant Commander Francis W. Deily in command. On 26 November, she departed Yokosuka for Hŭngnam, North Korea. There, until 24 December 1950, she performed harbor control duties which included escorting ships through the mineswept channel, passing instructions to ships entering the harbor, patrolling the entrance against hostile craft and drifting mines, and conducting shore bombardment when required.
Republic of Korea Navy, 1952–1973
On 9 June 1952, Sausalito was decommissioned, and on 4 September was transferred, on loan, to the Republic of Korea as Imchin (PF-66). She replaced the Korean ship Apnok, ex-USS Rockford (PF-48), which had been irreparably damaged in a collision on 21 May 1951. Imchin was scrapped in 1973.
Sausalito earned six battle stars for her Korean War service.