LST-337 was laid down on 17 July 1942 at the Norfolk Navy Yard; launched on 8 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. W. McL. Hague; and commissioned on 16 December 1942.
During World War II, LST-337 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations:
Sicilian occupation—July 1943
Salerno landings—September 1943
Invasion of Normandy—June 1944
LST-337 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 2 December 1944. She was returned to United States Navy custody and decommissioned on 16 March 1946. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946 and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 December 1947.
LST-337 earned three battle stars for World War II service.