USS Burnett County (LST-512) was an LST-491-class tank landing ship built for the United States Navy during World War II. Named for Burnett County, Wisconsin, she was the only U.S. Naval vessel to bear the name.
LST-512 was laid down on 22 July 1943 at Seneca, Illinois by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Company; launched on 10 December 1943; and conducted her trial runs in the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. Sponsored by Mrs. Gerry DeWane, she was sent to New Orleans, Louisiana for her final fitting out and was commissioned on 8 January 1944.
LST-512 was assigned to the European Theater and participated in the Invasion of Normandy in June, 1944. She returned to the United States to do a war bond tour. On 28 March 1947 was decommissioned and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955 the ship was redesignated USS Burnett County (LST-512), and was struck from the Naval Vessel Register on 18 February 1957. LST-512 received one battle star for World War II Service.
On 11 October 1957 she was sold to Peru. Renamed BAP Paita (LT-35), and commissioned in the Peruvian Navy. Employed as a training ship for the Peruvian Naval Academy. Later renumbered DT-141. Deleted 1983.